What Invisalign Can Treat
Invisalign’s clear, custom-molded aligners (sometimes thought of as “clear braces”) not only create a beautiful smile but also treat numerous functional issues, that if left unattended will cause bone loss, gum recession, tooth wear or fracture. Having your teeth upright and aligned is likely to prevent future dental work. One of our doctors, both certified Invisalign providers, will create your individual treatment plan using Invisalign’s clear, custom-molded aligners to solve a range of issues, including:
- Overly crowded teeth
- Widely spaced teeth
How Invisalign Works
The Invisalign system has been successful in giving hundreds of thousands of amazing smiles to both teens and adults. The process is very straightforward:
- Aligners are worn for 22 hours a day and only removed to eat, brush or floss.
- Your teeth will move bit by bit and you’ll be changing aligners every two weeks.
- You’ll check in with the doctor for a progress report every 6 weeks.
- Length of treatment depends on the amount of movement needed; the average is 11 months, with a range of 5 months – 2 years possible.
Had a consult and ready for the next step?
If you decide you want to see exactly what your Invisalign treatment would look like, we’d start with a records appointment. This takes 50 minutes; during this visit we collect all the necessary impressions, x-rays and pictures to send to Invisalign. They then give us back a computer program that the doctor can manipulate to achieve the exact desired movement. This appointment is $300, and that cost is put towards the total cost of treatment if you move forward with Invisalign within 90 days of the case viewing visit.
After records, you come back to see the doctor in 3 weeks to view your case. This is when you get to see exactly what your course of alignment would look like, get a definitive cost and length of treatment, and make your decision. Treatment cost includes the following:
- All Invisalign aligners
- All associated visits with the doctor
- Free whitening gel for use with your aligners
- Any necessary refinements: if after the initial treatment period we’re still not satisfied, we will resubmit your case to Invisalign and continue with more aligners, all included in that initial cost
- 4 sets of Vivera retainers from Invisalign at the end of treatment to be worn overnight
Worried About Cost?
It does vary, but a typical treatment averages $4700. Depending on your case, you may be eligible for our accelerated program, which costs a bit more and can dramatically reduce the length of your treatment. If you have insurance, they may cover a portion of that cost provided there is no break in coverage during treatment; this is something we help you determine before you begin.
We want to work with you to give you the smile you desire. With that goal, we offer a variety of financing options for our patients:
- 5% courtesy if the account is paid in full the day of case acceptance. (This will not apply if you use Care Credit).
- 3 or 6-month in-house payment plans with no interest
- 12 or 24-month payment plans with Care Credit (interest applies to the 24-month option)
Interested in Invisalign but worried that you won’t have the time? Many cases are eligible for our accelerated program using Propel Excellerator and VPro5 treatments! Book your consultation today to learn more!