July 22nd, 2020
As some of you may already know, our on-site periodontist Dr. Jennifer Shango has made the difficult decision to consolidate her practice in the suburbs and end her schedule with us in the city. We have loved working with Dr. Shango for the past year and are sad to see her go, but we are excited to welcome our new on-site specialist Dr. Scott Drucker!
Originally from southern Florida, Dr. Scott started at the University of Pennsylvania for undergrad and dental school; in 2016 he completed his residency in Periodontics at University of Illinois at Chicago. His collaborative research at UPenn, UIC, and Hadassah Hospital has been published in several peer-reviewed journals.
As the son of two physicians, he has always been drawn to the healthcare field and uniquely positioned to identify inefficiencies and devise solutions. Finding himself disappointed at best by the practice resources available to dental clinicians when he graduated, he was inspired to create the start up Supply Clinic. This online resource makes vetted, high quality materials available to users directly from their sources, increasing efficiency and transparency when supplying a practice.
Clinically, Dr. Scott specializes in bringing patients with periodontal disease and tooth loss back to oral health; the procedures he’ll be helping our practice with include bone and connective tissue grafting, wisdom tooth extractions, and implant placement. He is an active member of the American Dental Association, Illinois State Dental Society, Chicago Dental Society, Academy of Osseointegration, and certified by the Board of Periodontology.
We can't wait to see how our patients will benefit from this new relationship. If you are in need of a periodontal consult or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our administrative team today!
June 24th, 2020
Just like everything else in the world, your dental visit is bound to look a little different in the post-pandemic climate! Our team is proud of the measures we’ve implemented to keep our staff and patients safe. You might be wondering - what exactly can I expect from my visit now? Let’s walk through some common questions about our typical hygiene appointment!
- What do I need to do to prepare?
- Expect a text from us 2 hours in advance - this will include a link to a brief COVID screening questionnaire that we’ll need before we get your visit started
- Bring a mask - this is a requirement in the common areas of our building and our practice!
- Please don’t bring family or friends with you unless you specifically need a caretaker or guardian present so we can minimize people in the reception area at any given time
- Once you arrive, you can enter our waiting area to check in OR text us to let us know you’re out in the hall; our provider will come and get you from wherever you prefer to wait!
- What’s different once I’m in the room?
- We’ll start by taking your temperature as an additional screening measure
- You’ll notice new air purifiers in each room
- Providers may be wearing additional masks, gowns, and face shields based the type of cleaning being performed
- You may get to experience Dry Shield, a technology we acquired just before the shutdown that dramatically reduces the release of aerosols during the procedure, keeping you and our staff safer!
- Do I have to interact with more people on the way out?
If you have any questions prior to your visit, please don’t hesitate to call us. We look forward to seeing everyone back in soon!
April 27th, 2020
Last week we released a video message by Dr. Dan, to check in on everyone (we miss our patients!!) and provide an update on how we’re using this time to create the safest dental experience in the area. Here’s the video link in case you missed it:
In it we mention a possible re-open date of May 26 - Governor Pritzker has since extended the stay at home order, so we are now planning on June 1st. While we wait and work toward this re-imagined space, we wanted to give you more insight into exactly what we’re implementing!
- All-in-one superior isolation system: high-suction evacuator, bite block, tongue shield and oral pathway protector
- Reduces aerosols in the dental operatory keep staff safe and operatory sterile
- Increased patient comfort over the more traditional isolation methods listed above
Hyrdim Instrument Washer L110W
- This instrument dishwasher cleans off any debris or bacteria from instruments and burs with maximum efficiency prior to sterilization.
- Reduces time spent by staff scrubbing instruments, freeing up that time for other sanitization/safety procedures
- Minimizes the risk of a sharps accident and dramatically reduces the possibility of user error in the cleaning process
Sterasil Water Filtration
- 2 tanks: One that has distilled water for our sterilization (autoclave and instrument washer), and one with purified, distilled water for use in the operatories.
- Eliminate the need for staff to manually flush lines or use purification tablets, freeing up employee time and reducing user error
- EPA registered dental water is automatically monitored, contains no iodine or chlorine, and is the safest for both patients and dental equipment
AirDoctor Air Filtration Units
- Ultra-HEPA Medical grade air filtration units in each operatory to filter out viruses and bacteria.
- Reduces risk of airborne cross contamination among patients and staff
- Allows our team to sterilize rooms more efficiently and safely than ever before
We are continuing to stay abreast of all governmental and industry guidance in regards to protecting ourselves and our patients from COVID-19 and other viruses. As we continue to refine our safety protocols, we’ll post updates here. We hope this finds you all healthy and safe!
March 20th, 2020
Though we have closed our office to regular business in accordance with state, federal, and CDC guidelines, we are still your healthcare providers and we take that responsibility very seriously.
Our admin team is monitoring email, messages, and texts round the clock, and you can also reach either doctor on their cell in the event of a dental emergency. Please call us before going to the emergency room for dental pain of any kind.
We can help assess the issue, see you in our office if warranted, or refer you to the best source of care. Both Dr. Isabella and Dr. Dan are available to address concerns via teleconferencing as well.
In this uncertain and frightening time, please know that we are here to help you if you need us. We hope you and your loved ones are safe and healthy!
The Staff at Strobel Dentistry