January 19th, 2021
As the vaccines start to roll out, we’re feeling a few things: incredibly grateful that so many of our staff have been able to get their first dose already, optimistic for an improved 2021 over 2020, and concern for all those who must wait for the vaccine roll out to continue.
At the practice we are looking at vaccination as an extra precaution, and not an opportunity to ease the rigorous safety protocols we’ve implemented since COVID-19’s inception. We are still utilizing PPE, screening procedures, and strict sterilization protocols to keep our patients and staff safe.
Yet we know that for many, the risk is still too great to make it into the office until COVID is well behind us. That’s why we’re implementing complimentary check-in calls for our existing patients with the doctor, to make sure you can still have your questions answered while you need to stay away.
Appointments can be made for these 10-15 minute appointments up to 2 days in advance, and you’ll have your choice of video or audio calls with your doctor. We are committed to your oral health, and while this certainly could never replace on-site care, we’re hoping to help alleviate concerns and triage larger problems by offering this service. Call or email us today to schedule your session!
November 13th, 2020
We're sure by now you've read or seen the news of Chicago's newest stay-at-home advisory, which goes into effect Monday with the hope that we can stem the spread enough to keep essential functions going during this maddening time. As you are, we are monitoring the situation closely and adhering to all the regulations implemented in our industry. We wanted to take a minute to assure you that your overall health is our top priority, and provided you can still make it to our office safely, keeping up with your dental care is a crucial part of staying healthy.
There are several protocols and technologies we've implemented to make our environment one of the safest in the city:
- Dry shield
: an isolation system that dramatically reduces the output of aerosols during dental procedures
- Air doctor:
top-line, medical grade air filters placed in each patient room and all common areas
- Thorough sterilization of areas in between patients (we have always done this, but we now allow the room to sit for extra time before and during sterilization to give any lingering aerosols time to settle)
- Appropriate use of PPE (two layers of masks, gowns and face shields during procedures that produce aerosols, etc.)
- Mask, temperature, and screening requirements for anyone who enters our office
This isn't the first time we've talked to our patients about the link between oral and overall health
, but with flu season looming and a long winter ahead, we feel obligated to underscore the importance of keeping up with your routine care at all of your providers. If you have any questions about our mitigation protocols or your dental treatment, please don't hesitate to reach out - we'll be here for you!
August 17th, 2020
As you all know, we take the current pandemic and all matters that affect public health very seriously. The safety of our patients and staff is our top priority, and as such we have been following all governmental and industry guidelines very closely.
The American Dental Association's response to the WHO's recent global recommendations on dental care underscores the importance of making sure your dental practice is utilizing the best protocols and technology available to protect themselves and their patients. We wanted to take this opportunity to remind you of all the precautions we've put in place since March:
- High levels of PPE as appropriate to each treatment including dual layered masks, surgical gowns, gloves, protective eyewear, face shields
- Mask requirement for all common areas of the practice
- Daily check ins with staff to ensure employee health
- Temperature and questionnaire screening of patients
- Dry Shield - an innovative technology that dramatically reduces aerosol spray during dental procedures
- Air Doctor - top-line, medical grade air purification machines for each treatment room and all common areas
- A completely renovated, upgraded sterilization space and water filtration system to enhance our already rigid sterilization protocols
We know you face dozens of tough choices daily when deciding where to go and how best to protect yourself and your loved ones. It's important to us that you know you can be confident that every precaution has been taken to help you stay safe. The team at Strobel is so grateful for the chance to serve their community in this unprecedented crisis, and we're honored that you've chosen us to be part of your oral health. If you have any questions on our pandemic response or anything else, please don't hesitate to get in touch!