If you’ve had an extraction with us, you’ve gotten the post-op rundown: soft foods only for the first two days following surgery! Stuck for ideas on what that means? Here are some suggestions from our staff:
According to Dr. Shango, our periodontist who handles many of our extractions (and is also mother to an adorable 9 month old), you’re basically looking for Stage 3 baby food. :) You want to avoid anything crunchy and/or small enough to get stuck inside the tooth socket. Here are some food suggestions from her and our clinical staff:
- Scrambled eggs
- Mashed potatoes-sweet and regular
- Mac & Cheese
- Soft fruits---mango/plums/peaches
- Cooked fruits-pears/apples
- Cottage cheese
If you’re more of a recipe follower and have a sweet tooth, you can’t go wrong with the Strobel Family Custard:
- 6 eggs
- 6 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Whisk milk, eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla together in a bowl until completely combined. Pour egg mixture into casserole dish. Sprinkle top with nutmeg. Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Let it sit for an hour to thicken and cool. Yum!
If you are recovering from a dental procedure and have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us right away. Do you have a favorite soft food recipe? Please share with us in the comments!